U.S. Black Chambers, Inc. (USBC) and the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) will hold a signing ceremony on Monday, February 20th for a strategic partnership alliance agreement aimed at increasing economic opportunities for Black businesses. Black-owned business and active member of both USBC President’s Circle and NMSDC affiliate the Capitol Region Minority Supplier Development Council (CRMSDC), Elocen Group, is hosting the event at their headquarters in Washington, D.C.
USBC CEO and President Ron Busby Sr. and NMSDC CEO and President Ying McGuire will be signing the document on behalf of their respective organizations. In addition, the following leaders from the minority business community will be in attendance:
- Antwanye Ford, USBC Vice Chair – Board of Directors / President of Enlightened
- Talisha Bekavac, USBC Executive Vice President
- Alicea Gay, ByBlack Vice President
- J.K. Phenix, USBC Chief of Staff
- Lisa Morris, NMSDC Vice President of Strategic Alliances and Programs
- Jetheda Hernandez, NMSDC Senior Director of Strategic Alliances and Programs
- Sharon Pinder, CRMSDC President/CEO
- Necole Parker Green, Elocen Group President / USBC President Circle Member
According to the memorandum of understanding (MOU) that will be signed by both organizations, NMSDC and USBC will be agreeing to engage in the following activities:
- Advocate for common economic interests of USBC and NMSDC that will allow for the two organizations to address and promote governmental policies related to business and economic growth for Black businesses.
- Connect by forming a strategic partnership to promote Black business enterprises both domestically and internationally by fostering innovative approaches to address business growth in the global marketplace, as a united front. Organizations will share best practices, knowledge, and experiences necessary to advance the mission, vision, purpose, and motto of each organization to help achieve the goals and objectives of this strategic relationship amongst respective members, clients, program participants, key stakeholders, and other strategic partners affiliated with this coalition.
- Certify more Black businesses through increased cooperation and support of the ByBlack National Certification program, which generates a pipeline of Black corporate-ready NMSDC and ByBlack certified businesses with the purpose of creating and growing intergenerational wealth in Black communities.
- Develop joint events, programs, seminars, workshops, meetings, and discussions to create opportunities for commerce-driven activity.
“As the authority in Black business certification, USBC is energized by our partnership with NMSDC, the leader in minority business certification.” said USBC President Ron Busby. “This evolution is a win for both organizations, as we work together to reimagine business certification of Black-owned businesses to ensure they are equipped with the proper tools to compete for procurement opportunities nationally.”
“Black-owned businesses are a vital constituency of NMSDC and have been disproportionately affected by the economic disruptions of the last few years,” said NMSDC CEO and President Ying McGuire. “We are honored to be able to work with USBC to help remove the barriers faced by these businesses and build greater generational wealth for the Black community.”
This agreement represents USBC’s commitment to leveling the playing field with its ByBlack Certification, which helps to ensure that Black businesses of all sizes have access to contracting opportunities in both the private and public sectors.
For more information about the event or to confirm your attendance, please contact USBC, at email@example.com.
The U.S. Black Chambers, Inc. (USBC) provides committed visionary leadership, and advocacy in the realization of economic empowerment. Through the creation of resources and initiatives, we support a network of African American Chambers of Commerce and business organizations in their work of developing and growing Black enterprises. Learn more at usblackchambers.org.
ByBlack is the first national certification program exclusively for Black-ownership designation. ByBlack provides businesses an approved accreditation trusted by customers and enables consumers and other companies to easily find U.S. based Black-owned businesses. Businesses can complete the ByBlack certification process or create a directory profile by visiting www.byblack.us. The ByBlack directory enables Black-owned businesses to network, partner with others in the community, increase their visibility, and expand revenue opportunities.
Founded in 1972, NMSDC is the longest-operating business growth engine for the broadest group of systematically excluded communities of color (Asian-Indian, Asian-Pacific, Black, Hispanic, and Native American), and our impact goes far beyond the supply chain. It’s about upward mobility for the emerging majority of Americans, an equal shot at participating in the American experiment of free-market capitalism and entrepreneurship. Our work is about correcting the unequal access to wealth-building opportunities. For more information, please visit nmsdc.org.